Cooking For Fun
MasterCook Fun: Cookbook Looks
Getting a little tired of MC's choices for your cookbook covers? Have a favorite wallpaper or background you'd like to use as a cover for a cookbook? It can be done! Cookbook looks are limited only by your imagination. Steer clear of anything too pastel, or your cookbook title won't show up well. And anything too dark will lose whatever "pattern" will be visible, making it look like a solid color.
To change your cookbook look:
1. Open MasterCook, and open the cookbook whose cover you want to change.
2. If you're viewing it as a Category List, go to the VIEW menu and select
3. Go to the EDIT menu and select Cookbook Looks.
4. This will bring up the Edit Cookbook Looks dialog box.
5. To change the cover, click on Cover, go to FILE and select Import Cover.
6. Navigate to where your cover .BMP files are kept, usually d:\sierra\mcook4\covers. There are a lot more choices here than are visible in the Recipe Design List. Choose one of these, or navigate to where your own .BMP files are kept.
7. Double click on the file you want to use. It will appear in the Cover box for you to view. You can then choose to save the look. (Don't forget to back up the files if you want to keep them.)
8. You can also change the rest of the elements in the dialog box. Just click on the one you want to change, then navigate to the subdirectory where the elements are kept.
9. You now have a snazzy looking bookshelf!
If you have comments or suggestions, email us at
Webpage designed and maintained byLeilani Devries