Cooking For Fun
MasterCook's mailer is not up to par. Hopefully, that will change with subsequent versions. I've never had problems sending mail using the mailer. The problem is that it very seldom got to where it was supposed to go. Here's how to set up and use the mailer:
1. Open MasterCook.
2. With a cookbook open, select the names of the recipe (s) you want to email. If selecting more than one recipe, hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the individual recipes.
3. Choose Mail Recipes from the RECIPES menu, or click on the icon in the toolbar that looks like an envelope.
4. The Recipe Mailer window appears, containing a list of the recipes to be sent.
5. If you haven't already done so, click the Setup button.
The Mail Setup dialog box appears, asking for information about your email configuration. MC needs to know the following before you can use the Recipe Mailer:
a. Your name--enter your name as you would like it to appear in outgoing email messages.
b. Your email address-- a valid email address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. Your Email Server's Name (SMTP host)--the domain name of your SMTP mail host, in the form of host.domain.com, or its IP address such as 001.002.003.04. The recipe emailer cannot deliver email without this information!!. Contact your ISP or network administrator for assistance, if necessary. (For example, my email address is "email@example.com", but my SMTP host is "mail-hub")
You need only enter this information the first time you use the Recipe Mailer, or if your email configuration changes. Click OK to save the settings.
6. In the From text box, type your name. Click on the From button to choose from (and/or create) a list of email names.
7. In the To text box, type the Internet email addresses you want to send the selected recipes to; press RETURN after each addresss or use commas to separate addresses fpr multiple recipients. (It is important to remember to press RETURN after inputting each address. You want the address you type to drop down to the box below it.) Click on the To button to choose from (and/or create) a list of email recipients.
8. In the Subject text box, type a subject for your message.
9. In the Message text box, type a message to go along with the recipes you are sending. This will appear at the beginning of the email message.
10. Click the Send button to send the email message. When your mail has been successfully sent, a box will appear telling you that your mail has been sent.
IMPORTANT!! The Recipe Mailer requires TCP/IP software on your computer. In Windows, make sure that you have the WINSOCK.DLL file which is installed with any network package. If you're using a Mac, make sure that both MacTP and Open Transport are supported.
Unfortunately, AOL and Compuserve users CANNOT use the MC mailer.
If you have comments or suggestions, email us at
Webpage designed and maintained byLeilani Devries