Cooking For Fun
Alphabetizing Your Cookbooks
Looking for a little organization on your bookshelf? You can easily alphabetize your cookbooks to make them easier to locate.
1. Open Windows Explorer (Start|Programs|Windows Explorer.
2. Locate the Directory where your cookbooks are kept (usually
C:\Sierra\Mcook4\Cookbook), and open it.
3. Highlight each .MCF file (these are your cookbooks) and either CUT/Paste or drag and drop them into a temporary directory (create this directory beforehand). To select individual cookbook files, hold down the CTRL key and click each file.
4. Go back to the Sierra directory and highlight the cookbook subdirectory. One file at a time, either CUT/paste or drag and drop the cookbooks back into the subdirectory.
5. Open MasterCook to see a shelf full of books in alphabetical order!
If you have comments or suggestions, email us at
Webpage designed and maintained byLeilani Devries