45 sheets of Filo
1 cup butter
2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter a 9x13 square baking pan. Lay 15 sheets of Filo dough in pan, brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter. Mix nuts with cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle one-half of the mixture over the layered dough. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Repeat the above process by laying on another 15 sheets of Filo, again brushing each layer lightly with butter and sprinkling remaining nuts on top. Finally add the remaining 15 sheets of Filo again, buttering each layer lightly. Butter the top layer well. Cut, without cutting through the bottom layer, into diamond shaped pieces. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until golden brown. Drain any excess butter. Cool
Hints for working with Filo:
1. Keep melted butter warm.
2. Use pastry brush and brush lightly; if you use a hard stroke, Filo will be soggy when
3. To prevent Filo from drying out while working with it, keep the unused portion covered with a slightly damp towel.
4. Filo keeps in the refrigerator about 10 days if wrapped well.
5. Filo can be kept frozen indefinitely.
6. If frozen, remove Filo from freezer at the same time you assemble the other