The CFF list generates anywhere from 500 to 1,000 individual messages per week. You should be aware that we do much more than share recipes.....we share in each other's lives, triumphs, tragedies, and hopes. CFF has truly become a cyber-family! If you are interested in this type of list, please join right in. If you are looking for a place to gather recipes and nothing else, you might want to keep on searching as there are wonderful lists on the net which do just that. However, we do share wonderful recipes as well!!
TO SUBSCRIBE TO COOKING FOR FUN
To subscribe to Cooking For fun please enter your email address below in the Yahoo Box.
RULES & GUIDELINES
1. COOKING FOR FUN is dedicated to actively sharing ideas about cooking and food, and friendship, including, but not limited to the exchange of recipes.
2. Responses to posts are encouraged. When you click the reply key in your e-mail program, that reply will be sent to the CFF server, and then distributed to all subscribers. When replying, please clip any extraneous material out from the previous post and place your response at the BEGINNING of the new outgoing message. Please don't reply in between paragraphs from the previous emails or at the end. Place your complete reply at the beginning.
3. When replying to an email, clip and cut any of the reply that is not necessary to keep up with the thread of discussion. Usually all you need to leave at the bottom is a one-liner along with the original poster's name. This allows the thread to be understood, but also does not fill up folks mail boxes with unnecessary data they have already read. We also have a digest version of CFF, and those fill up quickly if we don't edit our replies properly.
4. As soon as you subscribe to CFF, please e-mail your birthdate and anniversary (along with spouse's first name) to: Faye so we can share in your special day! Our friend, Faye, will make sure you receive a greeting on your special day!! Thanks, Faye! Please remember to share greetings with other members on their special day. Our web site contains a list of these special days.(http://CookingForFun.tripod.com)
5. Currently CFF has a theme day every Friday and random theme days whenever KayD our Theme Master decides to call one. Should you have an idea for a theme, please send it directly to KayD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Web Sites of interest to the list may be shared with the list ONLY through our List Owner, Leilani Devries (email@example.com). This is to protect the list from any viruses or worms which might be imbedded in the site.
7. Recipes can be posted in any format. However, due to the importing restrictions of some cookbook software, DO NOT post recipes in two columns and please no more than 3 recipes in any single e-mail. MasterCook and Meal Master are two of the most popular pieces of software.
8. If you have a home page relating to cooking and want to share it with us, please post your URL in your signature at the end of your messages, but these MUST be limited to 2 lines.
9. Please bear in mind that some people pay to download each and every message we send to our list.
10. With #9 in mind, we should all limit the amount of one-line replies we send to the list.
11. No attachments are to be sent via CFF list. If you have something you wish to share with some of the list members, please use a file transfer program such as ICQ or send to their personal email address so they may enjoy it.
12. PLEASE if you are using "reply" on your email program, change the subject of your mail if the mail you are sending is really no longer pertaining to that subject. It's so easy for us to miss some good recipe or information if we filter our mail and delete yours due to the subject.
13. Advertising (other than that done by the List Owners to help offset the cost of administration) is strictly forbidden! (No Tupperware, Avon, Pampered Chef, etc.)
14. Please do not be shy to post! There will be absolutely no flaming on this list...we are here to have fun. (Just as our title says!) We want to hear from all members.
15. CFF has a home page located at: http://CookingForFun.tripod.com. Please be sure to visit the home page often for new information about CFF and our activities.
1. If you are posting a recipe, please in your subject line, indicate:
Recipe: (Name of Recipe)
For example: Recipe: Chocolate Mousse
2. If you are posting a request, please in your subject line, indicate:
Request: (A short description)
For example: Request: Bread Machine Recipes
We will probably be the first members to mess this up, so don't worry if you hit send and it's not exactly right <very big grin>. Everyone just do their best, and this will help all subscribers to quickly sort through their mail.
1. If you are not "actively" participating in the list (submitting requests, recipes, or some type of participation), your subscription may be cancelled at the owner's discretion. Your participation in the list will make your time with CFF more memorable and fun!
1. Due to server restrictions, if your e-mail address bounces mail to the list owner in excess of 5 days, you will be set to nomail. When you have cleared the mail from your server, email the List Owner, and you will be reset to receive mail from CFF again.
We look forward to your active participation in COOKING FOR FUN. Don't be shy...submit your first recipe now and why not include a note of introduction!
Leilani & Bill Devries
Webpage designed and maintained by Leilani Devries